With temperatures skimming 50 all week I think it's safe to say that winter is behind us. It's time to focus on spring! This is the perfect time to plan your spring landscape so you can enjoy your yard through spring, summer, and fall.
Essential Steps For Your Spring Landscape:
Early Spring (April – Early May)
1. Inspect trees and shrubs for damaged or hazardous branches
2. Fertilize trees and shrubs to promote growth and improve vigor
3. Begin fungicide treatments to Dogwoods, Crabapples, and Hawthornes
4. Dethatch and core aerate lawn to allow water, soil, and nutrient flow.
5. Slice seed thin areas in lawn
6. Fertilize lawn and apply crabgrass control
7. Apply Horticultural Oil to Hemlocks to control Hemlock Woolly Adelgid
Mid-to-Late Spring (Late April – Mid May)
1. Treat Austrian and Red Pines for Diplodia Tip Blight fungus disease
2. Mulch trees and shrubs to retain soil moisture
3. Treat Birches for leafminer
4. Treat plants for Winter Moth and Canker Worms
Contact us for a free landscape consultation.